The Rawlinson Moving Process: Organizing Your Move
Moving can be a trying time for all involved. Moving long distance, away from friends, family, schools, jobs and community conveniences can be positively traumatic.
Moving can be exciting, but it can also be a stressful time if you don’t properly prepare. That’s where Rawlinson Moving comes in! We want you to enjoy this exciting chapter of your life, whether you’re moving across town or across the country. Planning and preparation takes time and energy, but it’ll ultimately make your move much less stressful.
Here’s How the Moving Process Works With Us!
- You contact Rawlinson Moving. We’ll discuss what day you’re planning on moving and confirm that your service date is available, along with other important details about your move.
- We will then send a Rawlinson moving consultant to your home to complete a visual inspection of the goods being moved. In addition to determining the size of the shipment, they will also note any special care pieces, and pieces needing special servicing.
- Rawlinson sends you an estimate (via email, or another method if requested) for the necessary services. If the details are not finalized at the time of the survey, we can provide pricing for the various options that may be required.
- Upon your review of the estimate, you will then contact Rawlinson Moving with any questions or clarifications, and confirm that you wish to proceed. At that time, we will collect a nominal deposit (normally 10% of the estimated charges) and send you a written confirmation.
- A minimum of 24 hours prior to your moving day, you will be contacted by Rawlinson personnel to confirm that the details of the move remain as they were at the time of the approved estimate. You may, of course, contact us at any time prior to that to confirm or change any details as necessary.
- At this point, the processes diverge. If it is a local move that loads and delivers the same day (or next day, if it is an exceptionally large move), then the crew completes the move and collects the COD balance at the end of the day.
If it is a long-distance move (more than 50 km), you will be assigned a Rawlinson move co-coordinator who will guide you through the entire process. They will be able to keep you informed of the load and delivery dates and times, the COD charges, and payment process.
Call us today or fill out our form to arrange a walkthrough with one of our consultants.